Riu and Apple
Vacation Quote systems Bottom of Page

Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Riu Hotels & Resort
The time now is Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Jamaica » Riu Palace Tropical Bay (Questions / Info)
RPTB
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Gailieb
None

Jobs: Unemployed

1307 Bachata Bucks
0 Playacar Pesos

Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject:   RPTB
Subject description: more questions

OK, so as our arrival date looms on the horizon (October 19) I have a couple more questions:

The RIU Site states that there are theme nights in the Buffet. Which nights and what are the themes? Anyone know?

And how about seafood night in the buffet? I've seen a picture of the spread, just want to make sure I'm not somewhere else that night!

Does anyone have pictures of the a la carte menus? Want to know if it's worth my while dragging my "vacation mode" butt outa bed to stand in the (stupid) line to make ressies at the a la cartes. Still having trouble trying to figure out why the RIU can't adopt all the other "big" hotels' a la carte reservations processes..... hmmm maybe I'll have to solve that one for them!

And.... do we have privileges at the RIUClub Negril to book dinners there? And let me guess I'd have to drag my butt outa bed and saunter down the beach to stand in their line to make ressies? Sounding more like a NOT situation for me.

Thanks for any info you can provide, less than 10 weeks to our YaMon vacation!
Rainbow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jobs: Riu Birthday, Riu Fan, Riu Gallery, Cut & paste Review, Canadian Tire Money Donator, Riu Nominator, The Riu Player, Moderate and Administrate, Riully great cookie maker

147458012 Bachata Bucks
1003815250 Playacar Pesos

Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: RPTB
Subject description: more questions

Gailieb wrote:
OK, so as our arrival date looms on the horizon (October 19) I have a couple more questions:

The RIU Site states that there are theme nights in the Buffet. Which nights and what are the themes? Anyone know?

And how about seafood night in the buffet? I've seen a picture of the spread, just want to make sure I'm not somewhere else that night!

Does anyone have pictures of the a la carte menus? Want to know if it's worth my while dragging my "vacation mode" butt outa bed to stand in the (stupid) line to make ressies at the a la cartes. Still having trouble trying to figure out why the RIU can't adopt all the other "big" hotels' a la carte reservations processes..... hmmm maybe I'll have to solve that one for them!

And.... do we have privileges at the RIUClub Negril to book dinners there? And let me guess I'd have to drag my butt outa bed and saunter down the beach to stand in their line to make ressies? Sounding more like a NOT situation for me.

Thanks for any info you can provide, less than 10 weeks to our YaMon vacation!

...we stayed at the RPTB in june 2012 and they had the ala carte sign up in the lobby all day...they also have the menus there, so you can take a look when you check in...ask the maitre 'de about the theme nights as they do vary...regarding dining at the riu negril, speak with your reception about making arrangements, i'm not sure how they handle that process...

...truth is, i've never been at an all-inclusive that does the ala carte reservation better than the riu's...different, but not better--Now Jade Riviera Cancun, Grand Sunset Princess, Iberostar Paraiso del Mar all failed miserably when compared to Riu...
Gailieb
None

Jobs: Unemployed

1307 Bachata Bucks
0 Playacar Pesos

Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: RPTB Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

We've stayed at a couple of Occidentals in Cozumel and Costa Rica and they sure have their dinner reservation system perfected, two people dedicated all day setting up reservations which occur in 1/2 hour increments and they have a fantastic computer system to assist them.

I am not looking forward to getting up to stand in a line at 9 am to reserve for dinner and then be told "it's full". Hoping the buffet blows us away or they take the odd walk in !

Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Jamaica » Riu Palace Tropical Bay (Questions / Info)
Jump to: